The key is to differentiate between what’s considered a press release and a blog post. It has to be newsworthy. Pro bono work, Donatitions, and Charity Events usually works best. New website launches would also work to a degree.
Interesting article. Thanks for explaining it step by step. It looks like white hat SEO is really a ton of work!! Is it true that not all the blogs are providing follow links form comment section? So how do we know which ones are worth a shot? For example, right now I am commenting here, but is it a backlink? DISQUS allows that? Blog moderator allows that? o_O
Content is king, so keep it relevant, include only the highest-quality expertise on the subject matter, and make sure grammar is correct. The No.1 goal of any type of content is to problem solve. Make sure your content solves problems, adds value and entertains. If you can cover these elements with a passionate outlook on your industry, your content will surpass the competition.
Course: Diploma in Digital Marketing What is White Hat SEO White Hat SEO Join Over 1,000,890 Successful Graduates *18,884 Reviews Share Search Engine Optimization (SEO), is one of the best internet methodologies to enhance a website’s ranking in search results as compared to the competitors. In the digital marketing environment, the standards are quite dynamic and are always integrated with innovation. Marketers develop their own approach for satisfactory results in achieving their objectives, especially in SEO.Advertisers make use of numerous techniques for effective SEO results and some of them are targeted at developing a database of loyal audience which is a bright part of ethical SEO. White hat SEO is the implementation of strategies, and optimization techniques and tactics that completely follow search engine ethics, but focus on human audience as opposed to search engine movements.Optimization of website which is focused at drawing the attention of search engine’s crawlers is taken through a scripted process of well-defined SEO techniques. As compared to such techniques which just target the search engine’s behaviour, White hat SEO is rigorously focused at the engagement of human audience and hence is also termed as ethical SEO. Focusing on human audience does not deviate the objectives of SEO and White Hat SEO also focuses on the improvement of search performance which ultimately leads to credibility and enhancement of ranking in search results. White Hat SEO TechniquesBeing a successful part of the internet is the final destination of any business online. In this dynamic and brave world where marketers experiment every bit of creativity in the digital marketing landscape, White Hat SEO is the best possible way to lead the competition of search result rankings leaving behind a mark of integrity and authority by abiding by the terms and conditions defined by search engines.Even if the name White Hat SEO sounds too ethical, it still is about skills which enfold White Hat SEO tactics. These tactics are about fewer technical dexterity and are more into creative skills and organic techniques. This methodology demands qualitative approach to framing a site which helps ensure enhanced performance in terms of search. For White Hat SEO, the most important factors of a website that are taken into consideration are optimization of written content, meta details, images and videos, site framework, and overall performance of website. Some of the best practices and White Hat SEO techniques are as follows.Offering Quality Content“Content is King”. For every instance, content is the only fragment which serves both the objectives of targeting search engines and online audience as well. But as this is about White Hat SEO, content to be used in websites is just targeted at the engagement of audience.So the focus is on delivering quality content which relates to curation of original and unique content which is useful to the audience and relevant to the industry. The content should qualify norms like perfect grammar and spelling without any errors and the written content should be simple and understandable which is the most important factor that supports White Hat SEO. Images and videos being a part of content, need to be tagged appropriately with titles, descriptions and credits given to owner of image or video, if any. There are situations where it turns necessary to inherit content from others and in those cases, it is necessary that citation should be added that point to the source of content and it supports the White Hat SEO norms.Usage of Keyword-Rich Meta DetailsKeywords still are a part of the White Hat SEO techniques, and it is obvious to be a portion. It is to be remembered that keywords are not just meant for attracting crawlers of search engines as they serve the audience to understand the theme behind the whole website. While using keywords, in meta tags and descriptions, the process of using relevant and meaningful keywords should be followed.Usage of synonyms and industry based pertinent keywords is also an advantage for White Hat SEO. But the only thing to be avoided in the usage of keywords is stuffing which against the ethics of White Hat SEO.Flawless Website Architecture and FrameworkAs White Hat SEO techniques are focused at the engagement of the online audience, it is very important to make use of White Hat SEO tactics that help develop a flawless website framework. An errorless website refers to easy navigation between all the webpages, and that the website is proficient enough to perform well across platforms like browsers in desktops, mobiles and tablets.Serving the audience is an important aspect of White Hat SEO and hence the website should inspire the visitors to stay in the website for a while and enjoy the information and fresh ideas provided by the website. Related Courses Digital Marketing Popular Courses Nutrition Photography Financial Trading Web Development Web Design
51. Use Quora to understand the main problems of your potential customers. Then, write a report that solves/answers them and give it away on your website, or upload it to the top document sharing sites.
Drive visitors to your publishing website in droves and efficiently turn those visitors into a loyal, enthusiastic, engaged audience whose email addresses are nestled snugly in your audience database – all without paying a penny to Google. Download a FREE copy of our Organic Audience Development Strategy handbook.
137. As mentioned above, the presence of structured markup can be essential for some online businesses (e-commerce sites, for example). Some developers are aware of this, so they have integrated schema markup code into their themes. But even if your theme doesn’t have built-in schema support, there are many WordPress plug-ins – Schema, for example – that solve the problem for good.
115. Often times, SEO and reputation management are used together to boost client’s revenue. But how do you keep track of all the complaints? Fear not, for there’s a Complaints Search Results engine that does just that.
76. Lower your website’s bounce rate. Whenever somebody clicks your website page in Google’s search results, skims through it for a few seconds, and then returns back to Google, this tells the search engine giant that something’s bad. In SEO terms, the “dwell time” is too short.
By 1997, search engine designers recognized that webmasters were making efforts to rank well in their search engine, and that some webmasters were even manipulating their rankings in search results by stuffing pages with excessive or irrelevant keywords. Early search engines, such as Altavista and Infoseek, adjusted their algorithms in an effort to prevent webmasters from manipulating rankings.
53. Keep your content updated, or prepare to see it losing its good rankings. Update the information whenever something changes, fix the errors and get rid of broken links. If your site is built using WordPress, plug-ins like Broken Link Checker can help you save a lot of time.
I wish more people were actually following this advice. The net is full of useless content and as a result, people acting on questionable information. Given what I have learned about Google’s recent search changes (and I am not an SEO expert) I hope more webpage owners are encouraged to provide real valuable content first. Thanks, Don for bringing these best practice principles to our attention.
61. Google will usually display the first 50-60 characters from your title tag in its search results. As a general rule, your article titles should fit nicely into a 512 pixels display. Keep the title tags short and punchy; otherwise, they will not be displayed in their entirety in Google’s search results.
80. Mix regular search operators to create Google queries that highlight less exploited link opportunities. As an example, many people will try to find guest blogging opportunities by typing their keyword + “write for us” into Google’s search box, but only a few of them will also search for their keyword + “write for me”.
Nice post & my opinion is “Be smart, have patience, and outsource (wisely) your content marketing. It’s time we revamp our game, and be friends with Google, or they can easily spray out our web sites from the SERPs.”
125. Ask people to share your content whenever you feel that you have created a remarkable piece. Don’t ask them to share all your posts, though – it won’t help, unless you are a really popular/funny guy or gal.
As publishers, stand by your brand reputation and commit to publishing content that people trust. Just remember that Google still searches for keywords in order to help them define your content. They aren’t anti-optimization, they’re anti-spam. If you’re writing great, useful content, you’re doing readers a favor by optimizing them so that more people can read them days, months, and years later when they find them in search.
The leading search engines, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo!, use crawlers to find pages for their algorithmic search results. Pages that are linked from other search engine indexed pages do not need to be submitted because they are found automatically. Two major directories, the Yahoo Directory and DMOZ, both require manual submission and human editorial review. Google offers Google Search Console, for which an XML Sitemap feed can be created and submitted for free to ensure that all pages are found, especially pages that are not discoverable by automatically following links in addition to their URL submission console. Yahoo! formerly operated a paid submission service that guaranteed crawling for a cost per click; this was discontinued in 2009.
29. Take user intent into account. Most buyer keywords have prefixes like buy, discount, how to, cure, coupon, help for, etc. Your keywords/website pages should help solve other people’s problems.
Site owners recognized the value of a high ranking and visibility in search engine results, creating an opportunity for both white hat and black hat SEO practitioners. According to industry analyst Danny Sullivan, the phrase “search engine optimization” probably came into use in 1997. Sullivan credits Bruce Clay as one of the first people to popularize the term. On May 2, 2007, Jason Gambert attempted to trademark the term SEO by convincing the Trademark Office in Arizona that SEO is a “process” involving manipulation of keywords and not a “marketing service.”
16. Don’t buy an aged domain for your new website without checking it thoroughly. People have created fake PR9 domains by redirecting them to real PR9 sites, and then they have sold them for large amounts of money, for example. A good domain has many links from industry-related, highly authoritative websites pointing to it.